Program Length: Three years
Session Dates: July 1 – June 30
Program Structure: Series of hospital-based rotations as well as didactic curriculum
Evaluation Methods: Direct Observation, Written, Practical and Oral Exams
Certification: Canadian College for Microbiology
Program Director: Dr. Tony Mazzulli
The Postdoctoral Training Program in Clinical Microbiology is a three-year program funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. One position per year is available.
The program aims to prepare individuals to become competent in all aspects of clinical microbiology and meet the requirements to take the certification examination administered by the Canadian College for Microbiology (CCM).
Applicants must have a PhD in microbiology or a related field prior to the start of their training which commences July 1 of each year. Of note, individuals may apply during the final year of their PhD, but any offer of acceptance would be contingent on the individual successfully completing and defending their thesis prior to the start of the program.
Applications are due by November 1st of the year preceding the start date.
Those interested in applying should send the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- Letter outlining their interest in the program
- Your curriculum vitae
- Your official transcripts (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Copies of degrees awarded
- International degrees should be accompanied by an assessment from the Comparative Education Service, School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto, or an equivalent assessment service
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- A minimum of three reference letters sent directly to LMP office via email from the referee.
**Please do not send reprints of article
*The above documentation is necessary for your application to proceed to the next level.
The above information should be sent by email to:
Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology
University of Toronto
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.