LMP Quality Council
The LMP Quality Council aims to:
- build alliances between the hospitals affiliated with the University of Toronto to develop novel quality programs or initiatives that will enhance patient care and increase the profile of LMP faculty members both nationally and internationally.
- organize subcommittees to develop and oversee quality and utilization initiatives as needed.
- work together with other Vice Chairs to develop new program, projects, and offerings aimed at developing faculty expertise in quality.
- develop a process for faculty Quality Awards for developing novel programs or methods that can be used across hospitals.
- improve integration between quality with clinical practice, education, CPD and research
- coordinate the quantitative assessment of new initiatives
To achieve that, we will
- collect and analyze data across institutions
- review data to assess variability across hospital systems and potential areas for harmonization
- develop a LMP-wide quality assurance program to assess quality indicators and performance measures in each area of Laboratory Medicine
- develop harmonized methods and reference interval.
Quality Council membership
|Khosrow Adeli, Chair||Hospital for Sick Children (Chemistry)|
|Saranya Arnoldo||William Osler Health System (Chemistry|
St. Michael's Hospital (Chemistry)
|Davor Brinc||University Health Network (Chemistry)|
|Princess Margaret Hospital|
|Zeina Ghorab||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Cytopathology/Hematopathology)|
|Elaine Goh||Trillium Health Partners (Genetics)|
|Felix Leung||Mount Sinai Hospital (Chemistry)|
Anatomical Pathology resident, LMP
|Susan Poutanen||Mount Sinai Hospital (Microbiology)|
|Corwyn Rowsell||St. Michael's Hospital (Pathology)|
|St. Michael’s Hospital|
|James Stavropoulos||Hospital for Sick Children|
|Paul Yip||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Chemistry)|