Show us the beauty of your slides! Enter the LMP art competition
Deadline June 30, 2021
Does this plasma look like a Picasso? Does that Myofibroblastoma resemble a Magritte?
Do you ever look under the microscope and enjoy the beauty of what you see? Then share it with us!
Think artistically about the images you take under the microscope: should they be hung on the wall of the Medical Sciences Building (MSB)?
We are opening an art competition to all members of the LMP community to share our love of the images that we see under the microscope.
Whether it be a slide under an optical or electron microscope, by atomic force microscopy, or other scanning probe microscopes – if it’s a thing of beauty, enter it into the competition. See the rules below.
We can’t wait to see your entries – good luck!
What you could win
$500 cash prize, you receive a framed copy of your artwork, and a framed copy will be hung in MSB.
The image will also be featured on important upcoming LMP documents – our self-study report and strategic plan.
$250 cash prize, you receive a framed copy of your artwork, and a framed copy will be hung in MSB. The image could also be featured in our self-study report and strategic plan.
$100 cash prize, you receive a framed copy of your artwork, and a framed copy will be hung in MSB. The image could also be featured in our self-study report and strategic plan.
How to enter
Complete the online form and attach your image in a high-resolution format (minimum file size 500KB – see the rules below) or include a link to it, by midnight June 30, 2021.
Who will be judging the artwork
A panel of judges from our Vice Chairs Council and administrative team will pick the top prizes by vote. Dr. Rita Kandel, Department Chair, has the deciding vote.
We will let you know the results by email.
- Open only to members of the LMP community: current registered students, trainees, fellows, staff, faculty or alumni
- This must be your image, for which you hold the rights to distribute. Please indicate on the form how credit for the image should be given.
- One image to be submitted per person.
- Image should be a jpeg, tif or png and be no less than 500KB in size.
- By submitting an image, you are giving the Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology permission to use it for promotional purposes (website, social media, publications), regardless of whether you win a prize.
- Your image can be stained/coloured and cropped, but please do not digitally alter the image i.e. change shapes etc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or wish to submit your entry by email.
Thank you to the Cytopathology team at LMP for these images.