LMP2003H: Biomedical Ethics
A core course for Pathologists' Assistant and Clinical Embryology students in the MHsc in Laboratory Medicine program.
Advancing technology increases our ability to intervene in the course of natural events involving human health and well-being.
This course will broadly focus on ethical questions and dilemmas in both pathology and embryology.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- ethical considerations in research
- confidentiality in the use of samples
- autopsy ethics
- ethics of clinical teaching
- emerging reproductive technologies
- gene editing
- genetic alteration/genetic enhancement
- ethical implications of changes to the germ line.
Dr. Kerry Bowman
Sessional Instructor: Nipa Chauhan MHSc