Career events with our alumni
Interested in a career that spans basic science and medicine? Want to work in laboratory medicine and pathology? Or find out how your interest in science can be adapted to other career paths?
Join an LMP career event to find out more.
The LMP Alumni Career Panel series
Launched in March 2022, we host panel events with LMP alumni who talk about their experiences and career journeys. Although aimed at current learners in LMP, all are welcome to attend.
If you're a member of the LMP alumni community and are interested in speaking at a future event, let us know by completing our form on sharing your story.
Latest event: Breaking into the workforce
This event took place on June 9th. A recording of the panel discussion will be added here soon.
Hosted by Ryan Hiebert (MSc 2022), Senior Policy and Program Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Health, the alumni panel was:
- Dr. Amanda Mohabeer (PhD, 2020), Schmidt Futures Postdoctoral Program Manager in the Office of Research Services at the U of T Faculty of Arts & Science Data Sciences Institute
- Dr. Raj Lehal (MSc, 2007), Chief Executive Officer, Cellestia Biotech AG, Basel, Switzerland
- Dr. George Charames (MSc 2005 and PhD 2010), Associate Professor in LMP, Director and Head of the Advanced Molecular Diagnostics Lab at Mount Sinai Hospital
On May 1, 2023, alumni from diverse career paths joined us to discuss the transition from scientific training to the business world.
Read more on the event featuring:
- Lauren Phillips, Chief Product Officer of BioBox Analytics, a techbio start-up company for biological data analysis.
- Shivalika Handa, Partner and Managing Director of Corporate Finance at PwC.
- Matthew Taylor, Associate Lawyer at litigation law firm Rochon Genova where he focuses on complex class action and multi-plaintiff litigation, often in the pharmaceutical field.