What is possible after your studies: our LMP alumni
As a multi-disciplinary department, we act as a hub of biomedical innovation and provide a solid foundation for your future career.
We are currently piloting an online networking platform where research stream graduate students can network with, and be mentored by, our alumni.
Below are some examples of the careers our alumni are following.
- Professors at U of T (nearly half of our current faculty are LMP alumni!), McGill University, University of Ottawa, McMaster University, University of Calgary and UC San Francisco
- Clinical Fellows at Harvard Medical School and U of T
- Postdoctoral Fellows at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT),Institut Pasteur, Stanford University, Scripps Research Institute, UC San Diego and MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Watch an interview with Andrea Conroy, PhD Alumna – now a Postdoc at U of T
Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
- Marketing Manager, Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Clinical Scientist, Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd.
- Senior Scientific Researcher, Genentech
- Scientist, MedImmune, AstraZeneca
Watch an interview with Roxana Sufan, PhD Alumna: now working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Intellectual Property and Commercialization Liaison, Labatt Tumour Research Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Management Consultant, Deloitte
- Senior Editor, Nature Medicine
- Senior Medical Writer, Launchbox Global Inc.
Watch an interview with Kevin Da Silva, PhD Alumnus – now an editor at Nature Medicine
- Scientific Evaluator, Regulatory Affairs, Health Canada
- Clinical Biochemist, University Health Network
- Anatomical Pathologist, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Neurosurgeon, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Education Coordinator, Organ Transplant Department, Toronto General Hospital
- Forensic Service Technologist, Ontario Forensic Pathology Service
- Senior Director, National Grants & Partnerships, Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Community Development Manager, 1DegreeBio Inc.
- Business Development Officer, Innovations and Partnership Office, U of T