Show us the beauty of your slides! Enter the LMP art competition
The Art Competition is now closed for submissions for 2022
Do you ever look under the microscope and enjoy the beauty of what you see? Then share it with us!
Think artistically about the images you take under the microscope: should they be hung on the wall of the Medical Sciences Building (MSB)?
In its second year, we are holding an art competition to all members of the LMP community to share our love of the images that we see under the microscope.
Whether it be a slide under an optical or electron microscope, by atomic force microscopy, or other scanning probe microscopes – if it’s a thing of beauty, enter it into the competition. One entry per person: see the rules below.
We can’t wait to see your entries – good luck!
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
What you could win
The top three submissions will receive a framed copy of their artwork, and a framed copy will be hung in MSB once renovations are completed after the summer. (exact timing TBC)
- First prize: $500 cash
- Second prize: $250 cash
- Third prize: $100 cash
All submitted images may be used in LMP communications and branding.
How to enter
Complete the online form and attach your image in a high-resolution format (minimum file size 500KB – see the rules below) or include a link to it.
Submissions are now closed.
Who will be judging the artwork
The LMP community will be given the chance to vote for their favourites by online voting!
The LMP Vice Chairs Council and Department Chair Dr. Rita Kandel, will verify the votes and make the deciding vote should there be a tie.
We will let you know the results by email.
- Open only to members of the LMP community: current registered students, trainees, fellows, staff, faculty or alumni
- One image to be submitted per person.
- This must be your image, for which you hold the rights to distribute. Please indicate on the form how credit for the image should be given.
- Image should be a jpeg, tif or png and be no less than 500KB in size.
- By submitting an image, you are giving the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology permission to use it for promotional purposes (website, social media, publications), regardless of whether you win a prize.
- Your image can be stained/coloured and cropped, but please do not digitally alter the image i.e. change shapes etc.
- You cannot submit an image previously submitted in an LMP Art Competition.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or wish to submit your entry by email.