Fellowship Training Programs
Interested in further developing your career as a clinician?
As one of the most highly regarded departments of its kind, LMP offers you unique opportunities to develop your career.
We provide subspecialty training in pathology and laboratory medicine and the opportunity to advance your research in a fertile environment.
Our postgraduates have unparalleled access to a broad spectrum of case material, expert faculty, world-leading training sites, and research.
Overview of our Fellowship Training Program
Your Fellowship can last one or two years.
The program is organized and funded by the affiliated teaching hospitals including:
- The University Health Network
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley site
- The Hospital for Sick Children
Your training takes place in clinical and/or research environment(s) within teaching hospital settings.
In addition to subspecialty training, you will participate in applied laboratory research projects and/or basic research.
The below list indicates fellowships that may be available year to year. We cannot guarantee availability. See "availability and how to apply" under application guidelines for specific fellowships available for application.
Cytopathology and Transfusion Medicine are offered through the Areas of Focused Competence (Diploma) Program.
Forensic Pathology is offered through the G. Raymond Chang Forensic Pathology Fellowship.
- Breast Pathology
- Cardiovascular Pathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Gynecological Pathology
- Hepatobiliary Pathology
- Head and Neck Pathology
- Hematological Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Pediatric Pathology
- Pediatric Hematological Pathology
- Renal Pathology
- Soft Tissue Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
- Thoracic Pathology
Why study with us
- Interact with expert faculty.
- Gain access to outstanding case material.
- Experience our centrally-located diverse training sites.
- Expand your knowledge with a stunning array of research opportunities.
How to join the program
For more information on Fellowships at LMP
Contact us at email@example.com.
Fellowship Training committee members
- Dr. David Hwang, LMP Fellowship Director
- Dr. Bojana Djordjevic, Fellowship Site Coordinator - Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Iram Siddiqui, Fellowship Site Coordinator - The Hospital for Sick Children
- Dr. Carlo Hojilla, Fellowship Site Coordinator - Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Anna Marie Mulligan, Fellowship Site Coordinator - University Health Network
- Dr. Matthew Cesari, Fellowship Site Coordinator - Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley
- Dr. Zeina Ghorab and Dr. Joerg Schwock, AFC Cytopathology Co-Coordinators
- Dr. Jiong Yan, Fellowship Site Coordinator, Hematopathology - UHN
- Dr. Tony Mazzulli, LMP Med Micro Program Director - Medical Microbiology
- Dr. Rita Kandel, Professor and Chair - Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology