Fellowship Training Programs
Interested in further developing your career as a clinician?
As one of the most highly regarded departments of its kind, LMP offers you unique opportunities to develop your career.
We provide subspecialty training in pathology and laboratory medicine and the opportunity to advance your research in a fertile environment.
Our postgraduates have unparalleled access to a broad spectrum of case material, expert faculty, world-leading training sites and research.
Overview of our Fellowship Training Program
Your Fellowship can last one or two years.
The program is organized and funded by the affiliated teaching hospitals including:
- The University Health Network
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley site
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Ontario Forensic Pathology Service
Your training takes place in clinical and/or research environment(s) within teaching hospital settings.
In addition to subspecialty training, you will participate in applied laboratory research projects and/or basic research.
See Fellowship application guidelines for eligibility and how to apply.
- Breast Pathology
- Cardiovascular Pathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Forensic Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Gynecological Pathology
- Head and Neck Pathology
- Hematological Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Pediatric Pathology
- Pediatric Hematological Pathology
- Renal Pathology
- Soft Tissue Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
Cytopathology and Transfusion Medicine are offered through the Areas of Focused Competence (Diploma) Program.
Why study with us
- Interact with expert faculty.
- Gain access to outstanding case material.
- Experience our centrally-located diverse training sites.
- Expand your knowledge with a stunning array of research opportunities.
Fellowship Training committee members
- Dr David Hwang, LMP Fellowship Director
- Dr Bojana Djordjevic, Fellowship Site Coordinator - Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Dr Iram Siddiqui, Fellowship Site Coordinator - The Hospital for Sick Children
- Dr Carlo Hojilla, Fellowship Site Coordinator - Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr Anna Marie Mulligan, Fellowship Site Coordinator - University Health Network
- Dr Matthew Cesari, Fellowship Site Coordinator - Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley
- Dr Scott Boerner, AFC Cytopathology Coordinator
- Dr Jiong Yan, Fellowship Site Coordinator, Hematopathology - UHN
- Dr Tony Mazzulli, LMP Med Micro Program Director - Medical Microbiology
- Dr Rita Kandel, Professor & Chair - Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, U of T