Dynamic Collaboration: Pillar 2 of the LMP Strategic Plan
Create the structures that enable and encourage local and international collaborations for a greater global impact.
Taskforces made up of learners, faculty and staff will work on projects and enable our strategic pillars.
If you're a member of LMP, get involved: join a taskforce by contacting one of the leads (listed below) today and make a difference in LMP.
Enhance connections and communication between basic scientists and clinicians, across programs, disciplines, and the University.
Projects related to objective 1. We will be:
- Providing a platform to enable faculty and learners to find people who are interested in the same topics, approaches and/or opportunities (i.e. establish a community / collaboration hub for interest groups)
- Building in regular networking events
- Considering establishing cross-disciplinary initiatives (i.e. collaborative
specialization programs, catalyst grants, co-supervision, joint courses /
programs, and co-curricular activities)
- Identifying cross-university opportunities for natural partnerships to fill clinical and knowledge gaps, (e.g., clinical embryology and computational medicine & biology)
- Developing curriculum / courses for the computational medicine & biology program
- Promoting collaborative initiatives such as the Quality Council that advance harmonization of clinical laboratory practices
- Fostering industry partnerships
Broaden LMP’s global health footprint.
Projects related to objective 2. We will be:
- Expanding and broadening global outreach beyond forensic pathology
- Increasing the profile of current global collaborative activities
- Growing networks into indigenous communities
- Fostering investigations into the impact of climate on health
Pillar 2 leads: contact us to get involved!
Dr. Michael Pollanen
Vice Chair Global Health
For objective 2