Our committee: WIDE
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology at the University of Toronto is committed to the principles of, wellness, inclusion, diversity and equity (WIDE) in all that we do.
- creating, supporting and maintaining a learning and working environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying and disrespectful behavior.
- striving to recruit and retain learners, staff and faculty that reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
- assuring that our programs and curricula prepare our graduates to meet the needs of the diverse communities they will serve in their careers in Canada and around the world.
Purpose of the Wellness, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (WIDE) committee
The purpose of the committee is to discuss and address issues related to WIDE within the department.
While we, LMP faculty, staff and learners, all share the responsibility of these issues, we have formed the committee to coordinate departmental efforts.
Using our shared expertise and experience, we will:
- identify WIDE-related issues;
- propose initiatives; and
- monitor the effectiveness of these efforts.
WIDE Terms of Reference (ToR) January 2023
Some of our current projects
We are working on many projects at the moment, but a few are:
- Humans of LMP
- 'Voices' surveys
- Committee terms of reference review: making sure all our committees meet Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) requirements. Download the guidelines (PDF) or the Terms of Reference template (Word)
How to get involved
Contact us if you would like:
- To get involved in a project or join the committee
- Have a WIDE related issue or concern you would like us to look at
- Be highlighted as a ‘Human of LMP’ to celebrate the diversity of our people at LMP.
Isabelle Aubert's faculty profile
Meet the committee in our video
This video was made during the COVID-19 pandemic.