About the LMP Quality Council
The LMP Quality Council aims to promote alliances between hospitals affiliated with the University of Toronto, including community hospitals, to develop novel quality programs or initiatives that will enhance patient care and lead to the harmonization of quality indicators and critical values across the GTA.
The council includes representatives from several teaching and community hospitals who meet on a monthly basis.
- Organize subcommittees to develop and oversee quality and utilization initiatives as needed.
- Work together with other LMP Vice Chairs to develop new programs, projects, and offerings aimed at developing faculty expertise in quality.
- Develop a process for faculty quality awards for developing novel programs or methods that can be used across hospital-based clinical laboratories.
- Improve the integration of quality with clinical practice, education, CPD, and research.
- Coordinate the quantitative assessment of new initiatives.
- Collect and analyze data across institutions.
- Review data to assess variability across hospital systems and their associated clinical laboratories to identify potential areas for harmonization.
- Develop an LMP-wide quality assurance program to assess quality indicators and performance measures in each area of Laboratory Medicine.
- Develop harmonized methods and reference intervals.
Members of The Quality Council
|Hospital for Sick Children||Chemistry|
|Saranya Arnoldo||William Osler Health System||Chemistry|
|Daniel Beriault||St. Michael's Hospital||Chemistry|
|Davor Brinc||University Health Network||Chemistry|
|Carol Cheung||Princess Margaret Hospital|
|Zeina Ghorab||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre||Cytopathology / Hematopathology|
|Elaine Goh||Trillium Health Partners||Genetics|
|Patrick Kim||Anatomical Pathology resident, LMP||Pathology|
|Felix Leung||Mount Sinai Hospital||Chemistry|
|Susan Poutanen||University Health Network / Sinai Health||Microbiology|
|Corwyn Rowsell||St. Michael's Hospital||Pathology|
St. Michael’s Hospital
|James Stavropoulos||Hospital for Sick Children|
|Paul Yip||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre||Chemistry|