Inclusive Community: Pillar 1 of the LMP Strategic Plan
Create together an equitable, inclusive learning and working environment.
Taskforces made up of learners, faculty and staff will work on projects and enable our strategic pillars.
If you're a member of LMP, get involved: join a taskforce by contacting one of the leads (listed below) today and make a difference in LMP.
Strengthen outreach and recruitment of learners, clinical laboratorians, and scientists from wider communities and diverse backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented groups.
Projects related to objective 1. We will be:
- Surveying to determine current composition of our community
- Developing a plan to further recruit, include and support learners, faculty, and staff who are members of under-represented groups
- Working with student associations and faculty to broaden high school outreach
- Strengthening and expanding our summer student program targeted at under-represented groups
- Advocating for equity in our community, such as more funding and opportunities for underrepresented student groups and for postdocs
Develop sustainable initiatives and practices that encourage everyone to work at their best.
Projects related to objective 2. We will be:
- Creating a Vice Chair position for wellness, inclusion, diversity and equity
- Facilitating access to wellness resources for the LMP community
- Improving awareness of wellness at clinical chief’s caucus meetings
- Providing educational resources to enable faculty to role-model wellness
to trainees and colleagues
- Expanding professional development funds for staff to include wellness as eligible activity
- Continuing to fund annual resident and post-doctoral trainees wellness retreat
- Organizing LMP staff wellness activities (e.g. summer retreat/picnic, holiday get-together)
- Considering additional funds to student unions, CLAMPS and LMPSU, to support wellness activities for graduate and undergraduate students
Pillar 1 leads: contact us to get involved!