Student services and support

The Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology is committed to providing exceptional support to our graduate students.

There is a lot of information, services and support available to you, but whom do you contact about what?  If in doubt, contact the Graduate Office (  

For mental and physical well-being support

See our Student Assistance page for help and resources. If you're unsure where to start, contact the Graduate Office (  

Grad Minds: peer support initiative. Providing graduate students with an opportunity to connect with a peer with shared experiences who can listen with understanding and help navigate mental health resources.

The Graduate Office: who we are and how we can help

The Graduate Office can help you with topics such as:

  • Advice on program requirements or academic policy 
  • Program progress; Registration, Achieving candidacy, and Program extensions 
  • Wellness counseling  
  • Finding appropriate resources across the University of Toronto 
  • Thesis Advisory Committee Meetings 
  • Thesis defences 
  • Funding/Stipends 
  • Award applications and information  
  • Transfer credits 
  • LMP performance expectations 
  • Program transfers 
  • Annual LMP Research conference
  • Personal time off 
  • If you have been harassed or treated unfairly 
April Morris

April Morris

Graduate Program Administrator


Beatrice Wong

Beatrice Wong

​Graduate & Life Sciences Education Officer


The Graduate Coordinators: who we are and how we can help

The Graduate Coordinators can help you with topics such as:

  • Advice on a serious academic disagreement with your thesis advisory committee 
  • If you have been harassed or treated unfairly 
  • If you need to report misconduct within the department 
Michael Ohh

Dr. Michael Ohh

Research Stream Graduate Co-Coordinator  

Jeremy Mogridge

Dr. Jeremy Mogridge

Research Stream Graduate Co-Coordinator

Further information

The School of Graduate Studies (SGS)has information and resources for graduate students, such as obtaining letters of registration or letters of completion.  

The Environment Health and Safety website has information on accident reporting, safety training, and safety policies. 

Travelling to a conference? Visit the Safety Abroad office

The Centre for International Experience provides support for international students. 

Learn about the Graduate Education Management System (GEMS) 

Graduate & Life Sciences Education Office