The Peer Communication Team
We are happy to introduce a new initiative for this Fall: “The Peer Communication Team".
The Peer Communication Team is a group of senior graduate students whose vision is to improve the communication skills of graduate students across the department, and we need your support!
Our initiative will provide all LMP graduate students across all our programs with feedback on a presentation of their research which includes:
- Constructive and tangible feedback on presentation style.
- An individual practice session prior to the student’s Graduate Seminar, Capstone project, or any other presentation requirement, with skilled communicators/coaches affiliated with LMP, who will provide their insight, feedback, and support.
- A friendly, inclusive environment that supports and encourages peer learning.
Volunteer to become a peer coach!
We are recruiting senior graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and alumni from across LMP to be coaches.
A peer coach can support graduate students with topics related to:
- Effectively communicating research.
- Improving presentation quality.
- Highlighting relevance/importance with effective communications to non-experts.
- Practicing professional demeanour when public speaking.
- Improving confidence when talking in front of an audience.
How will it work?
Students in the research stream will be emailed to participate in a coaching session for the week before their Graduate Seminar presentation. All other students can request a session based on their needs by contacting the team.
The Peer Communication Team will send a doodle poll to the pool of registered peer coaches who can volunteer for that timeslot/student on a first-come, first-served basis.
Coaching sessions will typically take place on a Friday afternoon and last a maximum of two hours. These sessions will occur throughout the academic year.
I’m in! How do I sign up to be a peer coach?
If you want to join our team and be a coach for 2021-2022, or have any questions, please email:
We are excited to have you on our team and can't wait to work with you.
LMP Peer Communication Team