Eligibility and how to apply to the MHSc in Laboratory Medicine
Applications are now closed
Deadline is March of every year.
Due to current circumstances, the Master of Health Science in Laboratory Medicine program is not accepting applications from international students at this time.
You must have:
- completed an appropriate bachelor's degree in the Life Sciences from a recognized university.
- an appropriate Bachelor of Science degree (B.Sc.) from a recognized university, with an average of at least B+ in the last two years of full-time study.
- a demonstrated interest in human biological and life sciences, preferably with a major or specialist program in the life sciences.
This program will prepare you for the study of biomedical science, for fluency in biomedical terminology, and for critical evaluation of biomedical literature. Courses in biology/life sciences, biochemistry, human anatomy immunology and physiology are desirable.
Fees and financial support
How to apply
Application payment deadline: 24 March 2022
Supporting documents deadline: 8 April 2022
How to apply: through the School of Graduate Studies online application system
We will only assess applications after the deadline has passed and we have received all documentation and references.
Your application needs to contain:
- Official Transcripts (digital preferred)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Intent
- Two letters of reference, one of which should be familiar with the applicant’s scholarly activities.
You will be interviewed prior to final acceptance into the program by the Program Director and the Field Director to determine your fit with the program and your goals.
We will base our acceptance decision on your:
- academic record
- individual statement
- letters of reference
- fit with the goals of the program and your interest in your chosen discipline through an interview.