Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology Summit 2024
Get ready for an unforgettable adventure in June 2024!
Attention, medical students! Are you eager to dive into the world of Laboratory Medicine but unsure if it's the perfect fit for you? Craving hands-on experience to truly grasp this captivating aspect of health care and patient management? Look no further!
What you will experience
Join us for an exciting two-day program at the University of Toronto, where you'll:
- Explore the sub-specialties of Laboratory Medicine, zooming in on anatomical/diagnostic pathology, hematopathology, neuropathology, forensic pathology, and medical microbiology
- Connect with renowned faculty experts and residents, gaining invaluable insights and expanding your network
By participating in the LMP summit, you'll be immersed in:
- The astonishing ways Laboratory Medicine influences up to 80% of clinical management decisions through engaging case-based discussions
- The advancements in automation, digitization, and machine learning revolutionizing diagnostics
- Additional opportunities for further exposure to Laboratory Medicine beyond the MD curriculum
Who it is for
This program is aimed at medical students who are enrolled in an undergraduate MD program in Ontario and are interested in exploring the field of Laboratory Medicine.
How to apply
The best part? There's no cost to attend this program! Plus, we're currently exploring options for travel and accommodation stipends.
Spaces will be limited. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Be the first to find out more by subscribing to our mailing list and checking the boxes about MD student programming.
For questions, please contact Paula Nixon firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the organising committee
Dr. Carlo Hojilla
Pathologist at Mount Sinai Hospital and Assistant Professor in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.
Dr. Larissa Liontos
Staff Hematopathologist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Hematological Pathology Residency Training Program Director and Lecturer in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.
Dr. Susan Poutanen
Medical Microbiologist and Infectious Diseases Physician at Mount Sinai Hospital and University Health Network and Associate Professor in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.
Dr. George Yousef
Program Medical Director of the Laboratory Medicine Program at the University Health Network and Vice Chair, Education (Postgraduate Clinical) and Professor in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.