- Number of spaces available: 10 overall – 5 Pathologists' Assistants (PA), 5 Clinical Embryologists (CE)
- Program length: Two years
- Session dates: September 1 - August 31
- Program structure: Course work, tutorials as well as hospital and lab site rotations (PA)/ Clinical Embryology Skills Development Lab (CE)
- Evaluation methods: course work, quizzes, tests, practical assessment
- Program Director: Dr. Avrum I. Gotlieb
- Program Field Director - PA field: Dr. Fang-I Lu
- Program Field Director - CE field: Dr. Heather Shapiro
- Qualification gained: Master of Health Science
See our statement about Education during COVID-19
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology (LMP), in close collaboration with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), is offering a two year, full-time professional Master’s graduate program (Master of Health Science degree) to educate clinical laboratory medicine scientists in one of two fields in Laboratory Medicine:
This unique program will train you, not only in the practical aspects of laboratory work in these fields, but also in critical thinking and research skills so you can play a part in advancing these fields of laboratory medicine.
We accepted our first students in Fall 2020.
See the bottom of this page for a recording from our information evening.
Join our mailing list to hear more about the MHSc in Laboratory Medicine